Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Strange Dream

I had a very strange dream a few days ago. I've been a little disturbed by it and haven't really told anyone about it. I sensed the need to write it down because I have never felt this strangely before by a dream. It involved a person who was very dear to me and had passed away a few years ago. Clearly, the loss of this person was very heavy on me considering I was in my teens at that time and had never lost someone so close. That's why the vision of this person deeply effected my emotions. Now, I don't mean this to be an emotional post at all, its just that the strangeness of what I felt is something that I wish to archive.

I don't remember much about the dream other than it had a very comical feel to it. With a TV actor I know to be in it, a few children, a volcano... and that's about all I remember about it. But the entire dream was nothing that I cared for and I forgot about it as soon as I woke up. But the time that I woke up was the most startling part of the entire dream. At the end of the dream, I saw the person who I had loved so much. It was only for a moment. And in that moment I remembered everything about her, how she looked like, the way she smelt, the way she felt, everything. I had forgotten everything about that person, being almost 5 years to her death. And even though I had consciously tried to keep a memory of this person, I had forgotten all I knew of her. But all it took was a moment and all the memories came rushing in. This event was too unbearable for me so I suddenly woke up.

Its been 3 days now and I'm starting to forget what I felt. But for that day, even after I woke up, the feeling was so strong that I couldn't forget it. For the whole day, that was all that was in my mind. The vision was so vivid and I didn't think I could forget, but here I am 3 days later trying to remember exactly how I felt and I can only recall about 75% of it. I tried writing it down the same day but couldn't get the privacy to. And now no matter how hard I try, I keep forgetting about it. It's like new memories are being over-written no matter how hard I try to hold on to them. And it scares me...

2 comments:

  1. hey doc this time you are in need of a hug... iJust pray that iGet to visit you soon... iMean obviously iNeed to get a job first... but then iWill be taking the first flight to your place... take care dude... *HUGS*... :-)

    PS: iCan't tightly hug you... because your are not of my height... XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete