Thursday, June 17, 2010

Good people?

I've been reading this book called "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. Its supposedly a book that's considered to be the bible for Capitalistic ideology. Even though this book is a snooze-fest, I came across a line where the protagonist, who is an industrialist looking for someone to get a steel bridge made, says to her colleague "Why is it so hard to find good people nowadays?" This made me think, when was there ever a time when we had good people? I mean, all I've ever heard businessmen say is "its so hard to find good people nowadays". But I have never heard anyone say, since the beginning of time, that "good people" were so abundant that if you picked up a stone and threw it, you'd hit a "good person". Seriously, how come every business-person says the same thing? What a cliche.

4 comments:

  1. ^^ya, what a cliche... when you make people do something... you come across different mindsets... which make you say those cliches... in early days... people used be more hard working trust worthy... at least thats what older people say... ^_^

    PS: iWent to Haridwar, Deheradun and Masury for a small vacation... :)):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Really? All 3 places? How did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You started reblogging and you didn't even say anything. Remembered this blog because of your shashi tharoor tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Abdu - I'm still trying to keep my posts more frequent. But I'm failing miserably at it. You know how hard it is to write. Takes hours for a single post, no matter how lame it turns out to be.

    ReplyDelete