Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Leak At Kaiga Nuclear Power Plant And I'm Losing Hair!

There's been a nuclear leak at the Kaiga Atomic Power Plant in Karnataka. Now I'm not surprised something like this happened and so soon. Now, I'm not one of those crazy the-world-is-gonna-end cultists, and I actually am a supporter of the nuclear power drive that the government has, after all, we need all the power we can get. Most villages in India get about 8 hours of electricity in 24 hours. But I just can't accept that we're ready to take on such a huge responsibility. I fear that the general public in this nation still don't have the moral sensibility that if a nuclear fallout does take place, we'll be able to control it. I'm just dreading the day we'll have another Union Carbide incident on our hands. Which is basically because I'm sure we haven't completely thought through all the safety protocols when a disaster occurs. I'm also sure when a nuclear fallout does occur the government will set up a committee and they'll talk about what happened and the consensus will come in the next decade or after we've lost 2 or 3 generations of the families that were effected by the fallout.

Now the Kaiga Nuclear Power Plant has a leak and I start losing hair! And I'm not the only one. Everyone I know has started to lose hair right now. Men, women, animals, you name it, they're going bald. Even my tires (lol)! I'm sure you've figured out why I'm ranting about the leak. I've been freaked out by the amount of hair I see all over my apartment! Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Erin Brockovich story going on here. I hope somebody sees this hair-loss as a clue to some huge environmental disaster and starts some research into it because its the only reason that's come to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment