Monday, November 23, 2009

Village Cafe Uses Subway Leftovers

I was at the Village Cafe (near IIT-Delhi) the other day to enjoy some "me-time" and have a cup of coffee. I sat down and ordered a Cappuccino. They got me a cup of Cappuccino with the usual packets of sugar. But to my surprise the packets of sugar had the word "Subway" written on them, which shocked me to see that a cafe-house which has been running as long as Village Cafe (that would be somewhere around 5-8 years now) would resort to something so petty.

Now the location of the Village Cafe is like this, its right under the Subway (I hope you guys know I'm talking about the Subway fast-food chain, the sandwiches one) in the basement. So I'm sure they could get away with a few packets of sugar just for kicks. But giving them to your customers to cut costs is just...hmmmm...I dont know. Not right, I guess. I'll share the picture with you guys so you could know what I'm talking about.


I'm not sure why they would resort to something like this and I'm still trying to make sense of this. But if anyone comes across with an explanation to this write it in the comments below.

I know this isn't what we're expecting out of this blog but I'm just trying to get the ball rolling so I can get used to writing posts. Inconvenience is regretted (yeah, like I care).

3 comments:

  1. Hey Doc you becoming a daily blogger???
    What about the "Gyan" you were about to give regarding life n stuff like that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. I'm still trying to come up with stuff that's suitable for the blog. I had a lotta ideas when I wrote my first post but I got a little busy and I forgot all of them. But if I could come up with them once, I'm sure I can come up with them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I believe they've got a deal going on. That day I saw guys from village cafe using the washroom at Subway. :|
    Village cafe should have one of it's own, though.

    ReplyDelete